My Psychotherapy Philosophy and Treatment Approaches
I work from a healing centred framework. I consider the physical, and mental wellness of my clients and how the interconnectedness of the body, mind, and spirit impacts the client’s sense of self, and their interactions with their social world.
My aim is to assist clients in reaching their full potential ultimately creating a fulfilling, meaningful, and impactful life journey.
I utilize a variety of approaches to treatment, tailoring them to the specific needs of each individual.
I am well versed in the use of humanistic, client-centred, interpersonal, psychodynamic, attachment, narrative, animal assisted, and existential treatment modalities.
I am an adoption competent therapist. I am trauma informed, and I am trained in Clinical Counselling Hypnosis as well as EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.
Session frequency very much depends on treatment needs, and can vary from one or two times per week to once a month.
Issues Addressed in Psychotherapy
I work with adults, and youth for the psychological treatment of a wide variety of psychological issues, including, but not limited to the following:
- Adoption challenges experienced by all members of the adoption constellation especially adoptees, birth parents, and adoptive parents
- Advanced care planning for individuals with chronic and / or life limiting disease
- Animal loss, grief and bereavement
- Anxiety disorders
- Compassion fatigue and burnout
- Emotional dysregulation
- Existential issues
- Life transitions especially those related to aging
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- Physical health issues, including chronic pain
- Relationship problems including family conflict and marital issues
- Trauma including post-traumatic stress disorder and vicarious trauma
- Work related adjustment problems
Issues Addressed with Clinical Hypnosis
Clinical hypnosis in conjunction with integrative psychotherapy is able to assist clients in the following areas:
- Anxiety, Fears, Phobias (i.e. fear of … flying, dentist, needles, blood, snakes, spiders, heights)
- Core Belief Transformation
- Decision Making, Procrastination
- Forgiveness Work
- Habit Control (i.e. smoking)
- Insomnia / Disrupted Sleep
- Motivation and Performance Issues (i.e. sports performance, stage fright)
- Obsessive Compulsive Behaviours
- Pain Control
I look forward to connecting with you.
Hons BA, MACP, RP, C.Hyp